Thursday, February 5, 2009

In response to the article  by Engelhardt and the two U.S. government issued documentaries we watched, I was really struck by the idea that the government wanted the U.S. citizens to remain inert to what was going on.  I think that the documentaries were made to keep the U.S. citizens followers of the governments' agenda.  Until the Vietnam war, I think this worked and people were right behind the government and didn't feel the need to ask, "Hey, why are we going to war again?".  In today's world i feel like there are a lot more people willing to challenge the government and what they are doing but i also feel that the same inertness is still going on today.  People are so wrapped up in what the media chooses to show that they don't bother to think about what really could be happening behind the scenes. So in the end, times haven't really changed much and people are still sheep being herded by the U.S. government.

-2/5/09

No comments:

Post a Comment